Finished Product Handling
Moving finished goods from manufacturing to storage or shipping is the final movement of materials before they are delivered to customers. These movements often require the most gentle material handling because the products are complete and subject to damage from rough handling.
Our automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) operate with precisely controlled navigation and acceleration/deceleration, minimizing the potential for damage with even the most challenging floor conditions. Other benefits of using an AGV System include:
- Improved Safety with AGVs that move in a controlled and predictable manner with safety sensors for obstacle detection.
- Reduced Labor Costs by eliminating simple jobs related to material movement, and reassigning those workers to areas where they can add more value to the company’s products.
- Reduced Product Damage with gentle handling of loads.
- Improved Material Tracking is easy with computer controlled vehicles which communicate with plant controls.
- No Plant Modifications/Bulky Conveyors Needed – which represent a permanent obstacle and are inflexible for future plant modification