Automated movement of pallets is the most common automatic guided vehicle (AGV) application.
Whether it's moving pallets from the palletizer to the stretch wrapping station, to the warehouse, or to outbound shipping docks, customers across many industries are automating these repetitive movements with AGVs. Benefits of using an AGV System include:
- Improved Safety with AGVs that move in a controlled and predictable manner with safety sensors for obstacle detection.
- Reduced Labor Costs by eliminating simple jobs related to material movement, and reassigning those workers to areas where they can add more value to the company’s products.
- Reduced Product Damage with gentle handling of loads.
- Improved Material Tracking is easy with computer controlled vehicles which communicate with plant controls.
- No Plant Modifications/Bulky Conveyors Needed – which represent a permanent obstacle and are inflexible for future plant modification.
To learn more about JBT's Pallet Handling AGVs, click the link on the right to download our brochure.